As part of our mission to make the best BMX forks possible, we continue to refine the 41-Thermal® process at all stages of manufacturing. Each step in the process is held under strict scrutiny, and we continue to examine the strength and fatigue testing methods used to evaluate our designs.
In the previous round of Stampy fork tests we blew the industry standard EN tests for bicycle forks out of the water, and yet we still couldn’t break our own fork. In fact, we had to give up after running the fork for 2,000,000 cycles and with the machine operating at its ultimate limit.
So, in order to push the tests and our forks even harder we created an updated rig design that would let us supply much more force than the last time around. With this test we doubled up the cylinders that are applying the load and ramped the force up by 25%, going from 4000 Newtons to 5000 Newtons. That’s just over half a ton! (1124 lbf per cycle). Even so, at half a million cycles we started to wonder how long our forks were going to last, and since our competitor’s forks had already been taken to failure, we decided to ramp up the load on our forks to 6000 Newtons (1349 lbf), 50% higher than the previous tests, and after over 650,000 cycles, we were finally able to break them.
It is important to note that the 41-Thermal forks not only outperformed every other model that we tested by a huge margin, but that they did so while being lighter than most of the other forks too. This is direct evidence that proper design, engineering and manufacturing are much more important factors than simply always making the part heavier in hopes of making it stronger.
When you see how hard we push to make the best forks; to make them better and better every chance we get, it is easy to understand why our legendary lifetime warranty against bending and breaking is still around 15 years after we first introduced it. And when you see the contrast between our forks and our competitors you can also quickly see why most of their warranties have long since been quietly canceled or modified with complicated terms and conditions that usually limit the warranty to manufacturing defects alone.
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com with any questions you may have.
41-Thermal Odyssey R-Series (R32/R25/F25) and Sunday Octave forks are available now:
- R32 offset (traditional) or R25 offset (steep).
- Freestyle (F25) version with R25 offset and U-brake bosses.
- Laboratory tested and team proven.
- Custom, seamless, tapered, butted and specially formed leg tube shaping for improved grind and guard clearance.
- Steerer tube design improves fatigue strength and includes a built-in, integrated, lower headset seat race.
- Optimized, 4mm dropout shape for grind and peg clearance.
- 7075-T6 pre-load bolt (Learn More).
- Proven 41-Thermal® processed 4130 chromoly.
- Legendary lifetime replacement warranty.
- 3/8” axle slots only.
- Starting at 1lb 15.2oz (885 grams).
- Click here to learn more about the Sunday Octave fork.