The Lincoln makes use of the steerer tube clamping design that is found in the Elementary stem. With this unique configuration the locking bolt for the fork’s steerer tube remains straight during tightening (rather than bending as the wedges rotate around the steerer). The stem’s fully internal clamp design also means that the back of the body can be bolt-free, and knee-friendly.
For the Lincoln, we invested in full forging tools for the stem’s cap and body in order to maximize the strength of the material used. This stem was designed as a forging (rather than simply machining it) because forging improves a part’s strength by forming the ideal grain structure that is needed for a given shape. As a benefit, this process also means that we can offer the stem at a reasonable selling price.
- Top-load design
- Industrial chain link plates create a reinforced top cap hinge, eliminating the need for traditional bolt holes that can weaken the stem body in this area
- Angled top cap provides room for interior part configuration and simplifies assembly
- Internal clamping system, easily accessed via hole in stem body
- Forged 6061-T6 aluminum maximizes strength and minimizes waste
- 53mm reach
- 25mm rise or 7mm when flipped
- 9.8 oz (278g)